Friday, 3 August 2012

cont. design developement


Lily, I think would live in an absurd location, a site that is not a site. I imagine her living in close vicinity to others, but rejecting their existence. I envision her being intrigued within a novel in a window bay were she can gaze and view the ‘crazed’ world but would be more transfixed within her book; a building could be collapsing in the distance and she wouldn’t even raise an eye lid.

The site. Possibly a suspended building in an alley between other existing buildings, or a structure built on top of other older buildings completely. Somewhere that could be limitedly viewed by the average passer-by, and would not reveal her presence. I believe the site would exist in a city environment, but the house would reject the atmosphere of its location. The urban tree house.


No comments:

Post a Comment